Who We Are
Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. At the office of Federal Student Aid, our 1,200 employees help make college education possible for every dedicated mind by providing more than $150 billion in federal grants, loans, and work-study funds each year to more than 13 million students paying for college or career school. We are proud to sponsor millions of American minds pursuing their educational dreams.
What We Do
Federal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
We ensure students and their families can benefit from these programs by
We encourage you to visit the following resources to better understand Federal Student Aid’s role in funding education beyond high school.
- Strategic Planning and Reporting: Review our strategic plans and annual performance reports. Available only in English.
- Data Center: Access the latest data relating to our programs. Available only in English.
- Public Service Announcements: Download our public service announcements.
- Contracting Information: Learn how you can do business with us. Available only in English.
- Employment Opportunities: Explore career opportunities with us.
- Link to Us: Share our information and resources by linking to us.
- Contact Us: Find out how you can reach us.